Go Back   AUSubaru.com Forums > General > Restorations and build ups. > El Freddo

Old Sat 20th June 2015, 08:47 AM
Gold Subscriber

Green_eyed_liberty
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Freddo View Post
Hehehe... I forgot we had Bendigo members on here.

my Uncle is in Bendigo. has a few Brumby's, Coupes and an MY Wagon last time i saw
Old Sat 20th June 2015, 12:21 PM
Gold Subscriber

El_Freddo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_eyed_liberty View Post
my Uncle is in Bendigo. has a few Brumby's, Coupes and an MY Wagon last time i saw
Nice. In good knick or outside getting done over by the weather?

Cheers

Bennie

El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube
Old Sat 20th June 2015, 01:33 PM
Gold Subscriber

Proton mouse is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Proton mouse
I love that shot of your Brumby with the engine out, next to the giant, wooden legged, engine lifting platform (and I thought they called you tripod for other reasons)
I see you have the same shed as me, same colours and all!!
Old Sat 20th June 2015, 11:28 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proton mouse View Post
I love that shot of your Brumby with the engine out, next to the giant, wooden legged, engine lifting platform (and I thought they called you tripod for other reasons)
I see you have the same shed as me, same colours and all!!
Hehehe... nah, no wooden legged tripods around here. This one is definitely a home job though - three lengths of three inch box steel, dunno the thickness but it works a treat and is very mobile.

That shed was the stables, but when my sister spend quite a bit of time overseas it sort of became my loose parts stash shed Needless to say she's not happy with me!

Anyway, in other news, I had a very welcome visitor today:

I love this little detail:

Great to catch up with Tweety and for Tony to finally see the brumby in the flesh!

Cheers

Bennie

Old Thu 21st September 2017, 11:41 PM
Gold Subscriber

Seems that we're not having a very good run with the brumbys recently. Sunnie the brumby broken into and an attempted theft and now my brumby backed into by another vehicle that drove off:

If it wasn't for someone that observed the whole thing and grabbed a number plate I'd be stuck for options as to how to repair this (probably pull it out roughly and deal with it in a few years).

After a few calls/messages with the offender the brumby is now booked in for an assessment. This is all new to me so we'll see what that's like. It'd be nice to get a few other dents pulled while she's in there for that panel work.

Got off lightly really - had the other car not been a 4wd the front driver's wheel could've been damaged but it was missed and the panel took it all.

That's all for now.

Cheers

Bennie

Last edited by El_Freddo; Thu 21st September 2017 at 11:42 PM. Reason: BIIIGGGG images :/
Old Fri 6th October 2017, 09:11 PM
Gold Subscriber

All fixed now and looking mint - on the front right corner. I need to bring the rest of the car up to speed with that new, freshly painted guard :/

I'll get pics soon

Cheers

Bennie

Old Sun 14th January 2018, 12:24 PM
Gold Subscriber

So... haven't got those pics :/

But I do have some news on the lighting front. My headlights have always sucked in this brumby. I have a set of high beam spot lights fitted to the factory high beam light position - these look stock but have a stick "for offroad use only". Yeah right, like anyone's paid attention to that before.

Problem was they were koala spotting and giving off heaps of glare off the bullbar. So I replaced their mounting bracket with one that I knew I could adjust (the one on the brumby had shagged out screw tabs). Now lights are adjusted well.

I then added a secondary wiring loom from fleabay to get more voltage to the lights. After dicking around with that wiring I got it working properly and it goes really well. Those spot lights really make a difference! Not done there I had a set of square IHF's that I had planned to drop on the RS once it was going but waiting got the better of me:

This pic also made the banner on Subarino's bookface group

Ironically I haven't been able to give these a good test run at night yet. The night I thought I was going to have a good run to benders the car died a little while later. I couldn't get it started.

Long story short it was a dead coil that then killed the dizzy module. Only thing was that I'd replaced the module with a new one - and killed it too. New coil and a 2nd hand module of unknown condition and I was running again. Took a while to figure it out!

Got a few other issues to sort out: leak in rad kept at bay by running fans all the time; temp gauge not working (two clusters and two sender units still didn't fix it. wiring checks out) and I might have a rear wheel bearing on the way out

For now it's the moving house mule:

It's going well other than some pinging at light throttle up hills or WOT with a down shift. Just need to find the sweet spot in the middle

Cheers

Bennie