Progress on the wagon has slowed this week...I got a new job
So it's back to only weekends were progress can be made.
Today I installed the last locking actuator in the front passenger door, finished off the sound deadening in the doors. Also this week some headlights arrived in the mail (replaceable bulb type) but their quality is dubious in terms of reflector shape and beam pattern. Not sure if they will actually make a proper beam shape or if the reflector was made to "that looks about right" chinese standards.
This isn't really interior related but it is electrical related
I put the front lights and combi lights/indicators together to wire up the plugs for them and do a test. I didn't quite make it to test stage today, so demo will be tomorrow
With some more LEDs that arrived this week as well I now have full LED indicators and parkers, even the T10 little wedge bulbs on the side indicators. Also the security system/immobilizer is all wired up, tested and working! I even connected a battery up to the car to test everything, no problems so far.
So the car looks a bit more like a car today. Still can't decide what I'm going to do about front struts annoyingly, so I can't put the front wheels back together. I think the L series strut idea is out the window because they are so much longer than std, my lift blocks make the front too high. I'm currently deciding if I could chop up my original showa rebuildable struts and add 50mm of tube, use a longer strut insert and a custom spring to do away with the lift block altogether and keep original top mounts. Haven't found a strut insert that would be suitable though.