Originally Posted by El_Freddo
Looks the same as what we put into the brumby a few years back.
It's wearing well. Some areas where the driver rests their feet are getting furry on the walls but otherwise it's going well after about 5 years I think.
And no water crossings or mud puddles when offroading... That's a good one!!
I meant no water crossings through
muddy bog holes
Just water would probably be fine, since the underlay is closed cell/waterproof just the carpet would soak it up and need drying out.
Some progress from this weekend; finished the last mounting point for the passengers front seat, had to get creative with this corner on both seats that's why I put it off and took so long
Also hooked up/tested all the wiring to all the doors e.g windows, locks and courtesy lights so I could wrap the loom all the way through the cabin. With that done I could finish the sound deadening and start fitting the carpet. It's gone pretty smoothly and the front section is pretty much done with underlay. Having the old mat to mark out the holes would have made life alot easier but that got wet and mouldy years ago
No work on Tuesday so should be able to finish off the rear section and put the front seats back in at least, back seats need re-upholstering to match the fronts.
Fancy looking (but necessary) seat mounts for the rear bolt hole closest to the tranny tunnel.
How the interior looks after a day and half work on the carpet. Old trim pieces are just there for test fitting, they'll be replaced/repainted to look like the drivers side kick panel.